Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Discussion Forum

I have mixed feelings about things opening up , i like to go back to normal but worried that I will get the virus and that the employer will provide the safety for employees

Re: I have mixed feelings about things opening up , i like to go back to normal but worried that I will get the virus and that the employer will provide the safety for employees

by Lisa Smile -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Scott!

Nice to e-meet you and hope you are keeping well. I turned to this discussion board for the same reason that you did; hoping to get some support and perspective during an interesting time. Currently, I am working from home and live with a parent who would be considered part of the vulnerable population. I too have worries about risking my health and the health of my parent when I return back to work. Since working from home, productivity has been great within my company, so much that HR is now considering implementing a flexible work from home policy when things do go back to normal. This might be something to bring up to your HR department if you haven't yet already. I truly believe that any decision your employer will make will take into account your health and well being as top priority. Hope this helps you - stay positive! :)