Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Discussion Forum

Worried about going outside when I need to run errands

Re: Worried about going outside when I need to run errands

by COVID19 Moderator -
Number of replies: 0
Thank you for your post NotJessica Jones and Tony Stark. Going out to run necessary errands during this time can be very anxiety-provoking. I am happy to hear that you want to take precautions and find ways to safely purchase your medication and groceries in-person, since the delivery option is not for everyone. Here are some tips: (1) social distancing, (2) good hand hygiene and (3) try running your necessary errands during off-peak hours. Good hand hygiene is very important and social distancing is proven to be one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of illness during an outbreak. While you are running necessary errands, keep a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others, as much as possible. You can find more information about social distancing and hand hygiene here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/publications/diseases-conditions/social-distancing-infograph/social-distancing-infograph-eng.pdf . Hope this helps!