Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Discussion Forum

anxious during covid

anxious during covid

by penny foryourthoughts -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I am doing everything I can to keep safe but keep feeling anxious about whether my family members will get it, or whether I will get it and whether we will get a serious case and have to go to the hospital or if it will get even worse and one of us will die of it. I feel helpless even though we are all doing whatever we can to keep safe.

In reply to penny foryourthoughts

Re: anxious during covid

by COVID19 Moderator -
Hi penny foryourthoughts. Thank you so much for posting your concerns on our Discussion Forum. This most certainly is an anxious time for many people, especially about the concerns you raised in your comment. During this stressful time, you might find it helpful to try to calm some of your thoughts by using cognitive techniques. This can be practicing mindfulness (e.g., Petit Babou or Headspace app), doing physical activity, practicing breathing techniques, or doing some anxiety interventions. Speaking to a therapist or mental health professional may also be helpful, if you find that your anxious thoughts are hard to control and work with.

Thank you for doing everything you can to keep safe. You are keeping yourself and others away from risk, and we would like to thank you for it! We'd love to hear if others are feeling this way too, and have any other suggestions for penny foryourthoughts?

Thanks again for your post.