Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Discussion Forum

Loneliness during COVID

Loneliness during COVID

by Dale H -
Number of replies: 3

Being alone is hard enough sometimes, but keeping busy has helped me coupe to some extent. Even though I may do some video conferencing and talk to some of my friends and family on the phone, Facebook at times is a cesspool of garbage at times and some express wants and needs or how they are feeling. I don't think this is helpful, although some of my friends are at least living with others. I still get loneliness feelings. I feel like no one really cares...but I know this is not true but my brain is getting caught up with the non-in person visiting. I love being around people, not necessarily those who I know either.  How are others feeling in this situation? Any suggestions as to how to curb this and feel better?

In reply to Dale H

Re: Loneliness during COVID

by Twizzler 72 -
I feel the same way, I am ok most of the time, but I do miss connecting with people in person. I'm single and it's tough, I came here to see how other people are managing this as well. I wish I had more answers
In reply to Twizzler 72

by COVID19 Moderator -
Hi Twizzler 72, Thank you for sharing your concerns. It most definitely is a difficult time. Connecting with people has been a major change in people's lives since we're distanced from our loved ones, friends, and meeting new people. Are there other ways you have found to be helpful to connect with people, that perhaps would be helpful to Dale H and other users?
Thank you so much for posting on our discussion forum!
In reply to Dale H

by COVID19 Moderator -
Hi Dale H, thank you for your post. We can see that it has been difficult for many people to keep themselves and other safe, while at the same time struggling with isolation. Sometimes when people feel down about something, the negative thoughts we have make us feel even worse. In times like these, it may help to journal daily gratitudes. This can be (a) parts of your life that have not been negatively affected, (b) areas in your life you have grown by being distanced from friends and family, etc.
We would love to hear about how others have been feeling in this situations, and if there are any other suggestions?
Thank you.