Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Discussion Forum

Lost and depressed

Lost and depressed

by lost down and out -
Number of replies: 1

I was positive for Covid over a year ago and suffer from a long list of I guess they are called ailments? Sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there. Am I crazy? Am I really this weak? I feel depressed, useless. Anyone else feel like me? Countless dr bills dr visits only to hear oh we’re sorry we just don’t know enough about post Covid to treat you. 

In reply to lost down and out

Re: Lost and depressed

by COVID19 Moderator -
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us today. It takes courage to share when one is not feeling well.
We recognize that, although it is normal, it can be frustrating not being able to find any clear answers to your health issues due to lack of information. You are definitely not weak, this is a normal response to a challenging situation.

During such a stressful time, you might find it helpful to try to calm some of your thoughts by using cognitive techniques such as mindfulness (e.g., Petit Babou or Headspace app). Doing physical activity, practicing breathing techniques, or doing some anxiety interventions.
Alternatively, shifting focus can also be helpful. An example of how to do this is through journaling daily gratitudes. This can be by looking at parts of your life that have not been negatively affectedor reflecting on:
- Relationships: An old relationship that really helped you
- An opportunity that you have today
- Something great that happened or you saw yesterday
- Something simple near you that brings you joy

with that being said, speaking to a therapist or mental health professional may also be helpful, if you find that your challenging thoughts are hard to control and work with.
If you fell that you can use some emotional support, please feel free to call the Distress Centre at 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645

We would love to hear about how others have been feeling in these situations, and if there are any other suggestions?