Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Discussion Forum

Got COVID positive after fully vaccinated - loss of taste/smell

Got COVID positive after fully vaccinated - loss of taste/smell

by Tony Pony -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I was fully vaccinated about 3 months ago (pfizer) and have now caught covid.  The tracing of this has led to a friend of a friend of friend who went to a gathering in Toronto and brought it home with him.  So, I think it is the B117 strand since I did get symptoms and tested positive.

My initial symptoms were low grade fever, never higher than 37.6C/99.8F.  I had a runny nose for about 1 day and a bit tired the next day with sinus pressure.  On the third day I lost my smell and especially taste.

Any information on when I will regain smell/taste?  Anyone else gone through this AFTER already being vaccinated?

In reply to Tony Pony

Re: Got COVID positive after fully vaccinated - loss of taste/smell

by COVID19 Moderator -

Hi Tony, thank you for bringing your question to us here today. We are sorry to hear that you caught COVID, even post-vaccination. For specific physical health related questions, it is best to contact the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention

If you would like to get any support for your mental health during this time, feel free to post here and we would be more than happy to support you. Wishing you all the best and we hope you have a quick recovery!