Is this your first time here?
An account is required to post on the COVID-19 Discussion Forum. Please read through the Community Agreement below before scrolling down to 'create new account'.
Vous devez avoir un compte pour publier sur le forum de discussion COVID-19. Veuillez lire attentivement l’Accord Communautaire avant de défiler vers le bas pour “créer un nouveau compte”.Pour accéder à l'entente communautaire en français, veuillez cliquer ici.
What is a Community Agreement?
A community agreement is a set of guidelines that users agree to follow when participating in this Discussion Forum. The purpose of this agreement is to promote a safe and valuable experience for all users.
We value privacy and we will not share your information. Only the Moderators and Administrative (Admin) Staff will be able to access your user account information, including your email address (more information about Moderators and Administrative Staff is set out below). While your user account information will not be visible to the public, your discussions and username will be visible to others. We request users of this discussion forum remain anonymous, thus we strongly recommend that you create a username, as well as a first and last name that does not identify you (e.g. username: ballerina12, first name: ballerina, last name: 12).
Only One Account per User
Users of the Discussion Forum may only have one account. If you create or use multiple accounts, all your accounts may be suspended and you may be banned from any further use of the Community Forum.
Not Emergency or Crisis Support
This platform is not a crisis support service, but we do care about your safety. If you are in crisis, feeling suicidal, or need emotional support, please call the Distress Centre at 1-833-456-4566 (available daily for 24 hours) or
text 45645 (available 4pm-12am ET, standard text message rates apply). If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your closest emergency room. If there is an emergency or if you are in crisis, please do not post on the Discussion Forum as we will not be able to provide you with treatment through this Discussion Forum and the discussion is not monitored 24 hours each day.
Inappropriate Conduct and Discussion Forum Etiquette
We want you to be able to speak freely; however, we do not want any person or group to feel degraded, abused, targeted, insulted or shamed. In addition, we do not allow content that threatens harm to public and/or personal safety. Any form of hateful conduct will not be tolerated. If these incidents occur, the material will be flagged and removed by the Moderators or Admin Staff, by our discretion.
You agree not to post, upload or otherwise submit content that:
- is offensive as determined by CAMH, in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of or harm to another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that is false, misleading, illegal or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party including, without limitation, promoting an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs
or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent; and
- contains or will contain any disabling mechanism or protection feature designed to prevent its use, including any clock, timer, counter, computer virus, worm, software lock, drop dead device, Trojan horse routine, trap door, time bomb or any other
codes, designs, routines or instructions that may be used to access, modify, replicate, distort, delete, damage or disable the content, any Services or this Site and any world wide web pages or any operating system software or hardware on which
such content, Service or Site is operated or displayed except as specifically designed into the content.
Spam, Scams and Deceptive Practices
Please do not use this forum to advertise your business or add any promotional content or spam. Promotional content will be removed by the Moderator or Admin Staff. If you are seeing anyone trying to sell you something please report it right away by contacting email@example.com and do not purchase or send money to anyone in this group.
Using the Discussion Forum
- This Discussion Forum is not a platform to share your personal opinions about political, ethical, or religious issues. Please be mindful about whether any content related to religion/ethics/politics is useful for others.
- Do not attack other users. For example, if someone posts a negative experience and you had a positive experience, be respectful of their differing opinion. People have different opinions/thoughts/experiences. Please respect them.
- Please be mindful of others and consider how your words can possibly affect others.
Not Professional Advice
The Discussion Forum is for peer-to-peer exchange. Please be aware that it is not monitored clinically by CAMH. In addition, CAMH does not provide clinical advice or assistance on the Discussion Forum.
The content of the Discussion Forum is for information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice from a health care provider in your community. You should always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health
provider with questions you have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on this Discussion Forum.
Monitoring and Reporting Comments:
- The role of Discussion Forum moderators (“Moderators”) is to assist in the smooth functioning of the Forum and to offer information from time to time. The Moderator is anonymous on the forum and is known by a nickname. The role of Discussion Forum
administrative staff (“Admin Staff”) will be to monitor and oversee the use of the Discussion Forum.
- CAMH Moderators and Admin Staff do not review posts before they appear on the Discussion Forum. They monitor and moderate discussions after they have occurred on the forum or in response to a user complaint. Moderators may respond to
certain posts, but will not necessarily respond to each post.
- While Moderators and Admin Staff will attempt to be aware of posts that go against the rules and etiquette set out above, they do not review Discussion Forum content in real time. You are encouraged to play an active part in the health of the Discussion
Forum community. The part you can play includes taking responsibility for your interactions with other Discussion Forum users and reporting any problematic posts and activity.
- This is your community. If you notice activity that is hurtful (i.e., abusive, intimidating, etc.) or inappropriate, please report it by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. All inappropriate comments
will be removed by the Moderator or Admin Staff.
Response to Users Not Following the Guidelines:
Users who post irrelevant or inappropriate comments may be contacted via email by the Moderator or Admin Staff. Depending on the nature and severity of the issue, users will either be given a warning or have their account blocked and deleted, at the Moderators’ and Admin Staff’s discretion.